Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Selecting Fabric Part I

This fabric is traditional and in my comfort zone. I love blue! However, when I got the fabric home and laid it out, I wasn't sure it was the look I wanted. How often does that happen? I went ahead and made the quilt testing my pattern and quilting design because I like the fabric so much. Here it is before the final blocking.
 I was able to transfer the printed design to the cream and tan fabrics using a light table.
Chalk and Stabilo pencil worked great for the blue triangles and border.
I quilted with thread that blended but still showed the quilting design.  
 Navy thread, busy print, and dark value makes the design hard to see in the outside border.
Although I am pleased with my quilt and will use it on my table,
I still want a more elegant look for HMQS. . . . next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment